Logistics and Export Coordinator
We are recruiting a Logistics and Export Coordinator to join our team based in Finchampstead.
ASL/Pharmagraph is looking for a Logistics and Export Coordinator to join our well-established and growing engineering company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination of the shipping and export of sales orders throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
ASL/Pharmagraph is looking for a Logistics and Export Coordinator to join our well-established and growing engineering company. The ideal candidate will be professional, highly organised and able to work under pressure. Working alongside the Production, Sales and Projects teams, this is a key role with ASL/Pharmagraph and is based at our head office in Finchampstead. The company’s products are used in environmental monitoring systems for pharmaceutical, NHS and life sciences customers, as well as for general engineering and military applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination of the shipping and export of sales orders throughout Europe and the rest of the world. This will involve arranging and recording shipment details, producing, processing, and filing documentation and applying Certificates of Origin and ATRs through the London Chamber of Commerce amongst other tasks.
This role would suit a highly motivated individual with extensive experience in customer service roles. You will have a background in logistics and strong knowledge of MS Office programmes, varied financial payment systems and stock processing systems. You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your workload effectively, and an excellent rapport with internal and external customers.
Experience in a similar role involving export, logistics scheduling or production planning is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities relating to the supply chain for Pharmagraph and ASL products:
- Acknowledging and notifying delivery schedules, arranging shipment, and producing supporting documentation. Applying Certificates of Origin and ATRs through the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce.
- Gathering and maintaining import/export data e.g. tariff codes & COO
- Providing information for the creation of Proforma invoices for Payment and providing correct information for the Accounts Department.
- Co-ordinate the shipping and export of sales orders throughout Europe and the rest of the world (shipping agents, haulage companies, overseas customers).
- Preparing and organising all relevant shipping documentation, keeping filing in order and up to date.
- Processing enquiries and purchase orders within given timeframes.
- Goods in/out administration.
- Maintain customer and delivery details on the company database.
- Maintain communication with internal and external customers.
- Ensure our systems are kept accurate and up to date by regularly checking the integrity of data, ensuring any errors and omissions are corrected swiftly.
- Willingness and flexibility to take on temporary responsibilities as cover for other team members in a small business environment.
- A flexible approach to work, with the desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment with an ability to respond quickly to changes in project priorities.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to manage own time and priorities.
- Professional manner when dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisation.
- Strong desire to take initiative, eager to learn.
- Troubleshooting to resolve challenges as they arise
Education / Experience
- Import/Export/Shipping administration with knowledge and experience of Inward Processing Relief (IPR)
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel.
- Experience of working in a customer focussed role, delivering outstanding service.
- Experience of working with Letters of Credit, Cash against Documents and other financial instruments required by import/export operations.
- Desirable: Experience of using ERP systems.
- Salary in the range of £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience.
- Profit related, tax-free bonus after 1 years’ service as part of our Employee Ownership Trust.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Company pension.
- COVID secure workplace.
- On-site parking.
- Opportunities for partial remote working
Full time hours are 9:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.
Duties will be carried out at ASL/Pharmagraph offices in Finchampstead, Berkshire with hybrid arrangements possible.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.