Project Engineer - Runcorn
We are recruiting a Project Engineer to join our team based in Runcorn. This mid-level role presents a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in engineering. The ideal candidate will have project-based experience from an electrical/electronic engineering background, be confident communicating with customers and suppliers, and be highly organized in their work ethic.
Reporting to the Northern Project Lead, this role joins the team responsible for the successful design, implementation, installation and testing of environmental monitoring systems to pharmaceutical, NHS and life sciences and engineering customers. This role is roughly a 50/50 split between being office based and at customer sites.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities relating to Pharmagraph environmental monitoring systems and our associated software.
- Creation of design documentation (including drawings) in accordance with customer requirements and contracted scope of supply. Development of test protocol documentation
- Specification and ordering of parts from third party manufacturers, where necessary
- Configuration of application software, Windows operating system and network settings
- Installation and commissioning of hardware, software and electrical components at customer sites
- Execution of Factory Acceptance Tests and site validation protocols
- Provide supervision and control of all activities for assigned projects
- Co-ordinate with customers and sub-contractors to schedule project activities
- Management of installation sub-contractors
- Operational training of customer staff
- Duties will be carried out at Pharmagraph offices and at customer sites. Customer sites may be construction sites and / or may be overseas
- Ongoing support and maintenance of operational customer systems, both by telephone and at customer premises
- Carry out technical site surveys
- Provide technical sales support
Skills and Experience
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role - electrical/electronic or IT engineering.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Drawing packages such as AutoCAD / TurboCAD, Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Word, Access & Outlook).
- Ability to use hand tools and basic test equipment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Good communication skills.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering education or qualification desirable.
- Full valid UK driver’s license essential.
- Profit related bonus after 1 years’ service
- Competitive Salary package based on experience
- Company car or car allowance after 6 months’ probation
- 23 days annual leave
Closing date for applications Monday 3rd