Project Technician (Trainee Engineer)
We are recruiting a Project Technician to join our team in Lisburn, Northern Ireland.
This is an entry level role and presents a great opportunity for the right candidate to start an exciting and rewarding career in engineering.
ASL/Pharmagraph is looking for a Project Technician (Trainee Engineer) to join our well-established and growing engineering company. This is an entry level role and presents a great opportunity for the right candidate to start an exciting and rewarding career in engineering. The ideal candidate will be proactive, eager to learn and will present themselves in a professional and articulate manner.
The role is based in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, and reports to the Ireland Project Lead. The company’s products are used in environmental monitoring systems for pharmaceutical, NHS and life sciences customers, as well as for general engineering and military applications.
Previous experience is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities relating to Pharmagraph monitoring systems based on our self-published enVigil-FMS and enVigil-PnP application software packages:
- Assisting in the development of drawings for Pharmagraph hardware products and project documentation.
- Assist project engineers with the development of design documentation and test protocol documentation.
- Assist project engineers with the configuration of application software, Windows operating system and associated PC hardware.
- Execution of Factory Acceptance Tests.
- On-site installation and validation support.
- Duties will be carried out at Pharmagraph offices and customer sites.
- Enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn is essential.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites in Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to use hand tools and other equipment.
- Professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Conscientious approach to work with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Technicians will be working predominantly as part of a team however, displaying initiative when required and possessing the flexibility to take on new tasks when necessary.
- GCSE Maths, English and Science at Grade C or above with a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and the desire to learn new skills.
- Experience of CAD packages an advantage.
- Full valid UK driver’s license essential.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Visio, Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Further education qualification in engineering, technology or a similar subject would be advantageous but not essential.
- Previous experience is preferred, but not essential as job-specific training will be given.
Due to the nature of this position only British Citizens can be considered (dual nationals with British citizenships will be considered). Candidates must have been resident in the UK for at least seven out of the last 10 years and meet other vetting requirements.
- Competitive Salary package based on experience.
- Profit related, tax-free bonus after 1 years’ service as part of our Employee Ownership Trust.
- Company pension.
- COVID secure workplace.
- On-site parking.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Full time hours are 9:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.
- Duties will be carried out at ASL/Pharmagraph offices in Lisburn, Northern Ireland and ay customer sites in Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland.
Please apply now with your CV and covering letter for immediate consideration.