Acquisition Systems Ltd/Pharmagraph is looking for a Project Technician to join our well-established and growing engineering company.
This is an entry level role and presents a great opportunity for the right candidate to start an exciting and rewarding career in engineering.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, eager to learn and will present themselves in a professional and articulate manner.
The role is based in Runcorn, and reports to the Project Lead. The company’s products are used in environmental monitoring systems for pharmaceutical, NHS and life sciences customers, as well as for general engineering and military applications.
Previous experience is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
An entry level technical position working within the UK projects team. Working as part of a team you will be aiding the successful design, implementation, installation and testing of environmental monitoring systems to pharmaceutical, NHS and life sciences customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
Role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities relating to Pharmagraph environmental monitoring systems:
- Assembly and test of Pharmagraph hardware products
- Execution of Factory Acceptance Tests
- Creation of 2D schematic drawings under supervision
- Creation of documentation under supervision
- Wiring of data acquisition panels on customer sites under supervision
- Assist project engineers with the development of design documentation and test protocols
- Assist project engineers with the configuration of application software, Windows operating system and associated PC hardware.
- Duties will be carried out at Pharmagraph offices and customer sites
- Any additional tasks that may arise during normal day to day duties, in accordance with company and customer policies and company contractual obligations and/or that are required to fulfil business needs.
Skills and Experience
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Drawing packages such as AutoCAD or equivalent, Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Ability to use hand tools and basic test equipment.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of cleanrooms an advantage but not essential
- Experience of CAD packages such as AutoCAD or equivalent an advantage but not essential
- Experience of electronic / electrical wiring an advantage but not essential
- Competitive salary with annual review.
- Profit-related, tax-free bonus in the April that follows the successful completion of your probation, as part of our Employee Ownership Trust.
- Employee assistance Program.
- Group life assurance – 3 x salary.
- Pension scheme (5% company contribution).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexi-benefits platform.
- On-site parking.
- 23 days holiday (increasing to 31 with length of service), birthday as holiday, plus days 8 public holidays.
Full time hours are 9:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.
Duties will be carried out at ASL/Pharmagraph offices in our Runcorn office.
Please apply now with your CV and covering letter for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer - we recognise the importance and value of having a diverse and inclusive workforce and the benefits that this can bring to both our employees and our customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme