Trainee Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a new and valued member of our engineering support team at our office in Sandhurst.
This is an excellent career opportunity for the right candidate as the Trainee Technical Engineer role has the potential to develop over time.
Joining our growing Support department, you will be required to assist in the provision of technical support to our varied and growing customer base across the UK and beyond. We have over 100 support contracts across the UK with customers such as GSK, AstraZeneca, Airbus and Valneva, as well as an ever-expanding portfolio of systems being deployed around the globe. The company’s products are used in environmental monitoring systems for pharmaceutical, NHS and life sciences customers, as well as for general engineering and military applications. Our support team provides front line technical support for these systems and our software and hardware often using remote diagnostics. In addition, technicians will be given training, and the opportunity to learn from engineers with a view to potential progression to engineer in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities relating to the service chain for Pharmagraph and ASL products:
- Front line technical support for ASL/Pharmagraph systems.
- Remote diagnostics for hardware and software.
- Perform guided fault finding on live systems.
- Provide support by telephone, email and on-site at customer premises, within defined timescales according to contract response criteria.
- Duties will be carried out at Pharmagraph offices and at customer sites. Customer sites may be overseas.
- Willingness and flexibility to take on temporary responsibilities as cover for other team members in a small business environment.
- Generating reports.
- Enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn is essential.
- Good practical aptitude is required together with a general interest in technology, computing and/or engineering.
- Technicians will be working predominantly as part of a team however, displaying initiative when required and possessing the flexibility to take on new tasks when necessary.
- A flexible approach to work, with the desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast-moving environment with an ability to respond quickly to changes in project priorities.
- Professional manner when dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to manage own time and priorities.
Education / Experience
- GCSE Maths, English and Science at Grade C or above with a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and the desire to learn new skills.
- A driving license is essential.
- Previous experience in calibration or maintenance is preferred, but not essential as job-specific training will be given.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy with experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) are preferable, as well as a conscientious approach to work with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
Technicians will be given training, and the opportunity to learn from engineers with a view to potential progression to the role of Senior Technician/Support Engineer in the future.
- Salary in the range of £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on skills and experience.
- Profit related, tax-free bonus at the end of the financial year (April to March) after successful completion of probation, as part of our Employee Ownership Trust.
- Company pension.
- Group life assurance, 3 x annual salary.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Cycle scheme.
- 23 days annual leave (increasing related to years of service), birthday as leave, 8 bank holidays.
- On-site parking.
- Full time hours are 09:00-17:30, Monday to Friday, unless on-site working defines otherwise.
- As our technical support department continues to grow it is likely that the role will require the working of shift patterns in the future.
- Duties will be carried out at ASL/Pharmagraph offices in Sandhurst and on-site. There will be occasions when staff are expected to stay away from home for short periods, which will be further compensated.
- Phone and laptop for company use is supplied.
- Uniform is provided.
Please apply now with your CV and covering letter for immediate consideration.