We are recruiting a Software Engineer to join our team based in Finchampstead.
We are looking for a Software professional to join our well-established and growing engineering company.
ASL/Pharmagraph is looking for a Software Engineer to join our well-established and growing engineering company. The ideal candidate will be professional, highly organised and able to work under pressure. Reporting to the Applications and Development Manager, the Software Engineer is a member of a team of software professionals responsible for the requirements, design, construction, integration, testing verification and maintenance of Pharmagraph’s own enVigil family of software products.
3+ years industry experience in a similar role is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities relating to the monitoring systems for Pharmagraph and ASL products:
- Development of Windows software in Visual Studio C++.
- Utilise software engineering tools such as source code control, build processes and debuggers in the software development process.
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code and design reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Investigate current applications.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Creation of software operating manuals.
- Creation of software qualification procedures.
- Test software products to ensure that they operate satisfactorily.
- Provide training to personnel on enVigil software solutions.
- Provide technical support to project engineers, sales engineers, service teams and distributors.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Share expertise throughout the organisation.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Excellent and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
Education / Experience
- 3+ years industry experience in a similar role.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Visual Studio, C++, SQL, Visual Basic, ActiveX, InstallShield
- Web Experience – HTML, XML, SOAP, JSON
- Database Experience – SQL Server, ODBC, SQLite
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused role, delivering outstanding service.
Due to the nature of this position only British Citizens can be considered (dual nationals with British citizenships will be considered). Candidates must have been resident in the UK for at least seven out of the last 10 years and meet other vetting requirements.
- Salary in the range of £37,500 to £47,500 dependent on experience.
- Profit related, tax-free bonus after 1 years’ service as part of our Employee Ownership Trust.
- 23 days annual leave.
- COVID secure workplace.
- On-site parking.
Full time hours are 9:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday.
Duties will be carried out at ASL/Pharmagraph offices in Finchampstead, Berkshire.
Please apply now with a CV and covering letter for immediate consideration.